Offered in: English
(available in other languages)
2 hours (approx.)
Price : on request
The main administrative and cultural centre of the island is the town of Hvar. During the history the town has been characterised by many epochs, each of them ennobling it in some way. Noteworthy is the attractive town fortress with its walls and towers.
- 2 hour walking tour of Hvar
- Take panoramic views over the island archipelago
- Stroll through the woods to the old town
- Learn about lace protected by UNESCO
- Discover local attractions
- Walking tour
- Licence local guide
- Entrance to Benedictine museum, Hvar’s Theatre and fortress Španjola
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Guide will pick you up at agreed location
Returns to original departure point
What to Expect
You will start a walk from the famous Pjaca, Hvar’s Main Square. Some of the most important buildings are located nearby. Arsenal, historical shipyard or on upper floor, the 17th century first public theatre in Europe. Stroll through main city gates and continue towards the Benedictine museum, where benedictine nuns make famous lace. In the southern part of the town is the Franciscan monastery where you will be able to hear story about the most valuable painting on island. The most attractive cultural and historical monument is the town fortress. Climb up through pine woods and agaves and discover the most stunning view on island.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- The experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.